New Vehicle Group (referred to as “NVG”, “Us”, “We” and “Our”) value and protect the privacy of our clients and business partners (referred to as “You” and “Your”). We have prepared this policy to explain how we collect, manage, store, use and distribute your information when you provide it to us.
This Policy is relevant to both current and former clients and customers of New Vehicle Group, including personal sales clients and business clients. This Policy also applies to people we contact or deal with in conjunction with our services.
We are conscious of our obligations under Privacy Law in Australia, including but not limited to the Privacy Act 1988. We make every effort to ensure that we comply with all relevant and applicable law to ensure that your privacy is protected.
We reserve the right to update this Policy without notice.
The Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is information or an opinion, including information or an opinion forming part of a database, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
It is impossible for us to outline an exhaustive list of the types of personal information we collect, but it includes the following:
– Date of birth;
Contact information including:
– Telephone number;
– Website information;
– Postal address:
– IP address;
Information relevant to an application for finance, including:
– Your assets;
– Marital status;
– Jointly-held assets;
– Joint liabilities;
– Default history;
– Credit History;
– Account information;
– Migrant status;
– Any other information necessary to obtain in order to ascertain a person’s borrowing power, credit worthiness and so forth;
Identification documentation including:
– Drivers licence;
– Visa details;
Details relevant to your particular relationship with us including business and commercial-in-confidence information, where necessary and so on; Any other information we are lawfully capable of collecting.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Most of the time, we will collect your personal information from you directly. This may change depending on the type of relationship we have with you including whether you are a business partner of NVG, a business-related entity seeking finance or advice, or a personal finance applicant or simply seeking advice.
We collect your personal information in a number of ways, including where you:
– Register your details through our website;
– Subscribe to our posts, forums, e-newsletters and the like;
– Submit applications through our online portals or otherwise;
– Email enquiries;
– Posting or submitting content contributions to our website or related portals and platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+ and any other platform or social media outlet we have used or will us in the future;
– Utilising our car buying, advice and/or finance services;
– Any direct or indirect contact with us, for any reason;
If we do not collect information from you directly, it may be necessary to collect it from other sources. Those other sources include:
– Publically available sources, including social media platforms (e.g. Facebook) and government or other private information providers (e.g. Veda);
– Car dealers;
– Finance brokers;
– Your employer;
– Any other third party with whom it is necessary to engage in order to provide our services.
How Your Personal Information Is Used
We may use your personal information for various purposes, including:
– In the course of providing our products and services;
– Provision of personal finance;
– Provision of commercial and personal leasing products and services;
– Processing receipts, invoices, purchase orders;
– Negotiating with our third party service providers;
– Responding to enquiries;
– Administration purposes;
– Updating clients on products and services that may be of interest;
– Updating client on changes to products or services;
– Where we are required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with a relevant law of NSW or Australia.
– Taking enforcement action, including debt collection and legal proceedings;
– To maintain proper business records;
– Staff training;
– Promotional marketing;
– Updating our website;
– Preparing statistics and reports relevant to our business;
– Any other lawful purpose for which we may use your information.
How Is Your Personal Information Disclosed?
In order to perform and provide our products and services, we may, from time to time, be required to disclose your information to third parties. Those third parties may include:
– Our staff;
The general public where:
– You are one of our advertising partners; or
– Post content on our website or related platforms that includes your personal information, or from which your personal information can be ascertained;
Related service providers including:
– Car dealers;
– Financial institutions;
– Maintenance providers;
– Related service and product providers;
– Insurance providers;
Our service providers, including:
– Information technology providers;
– Marketing research advisors;
– Legal advisors;
– Debt collection agents; and so on;
– Government agencies;
– Your guarantors (where applicable);
– Any other person to whom it is reasonable necessary to share the information in order to effectively and efficiently provide our products and services.
It may be necessary to disclose your personal information to third party service providers or our business partners and related affiliates overseas, including Asia, Europe, Canada and the United States (“Overseas Entities”). By supplying us with your personal information you consent to us disclosing that information to Overseas Entities that exist now or in the future. Before providing your personal information to any Overseas Entity, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that they manage your personal information in a manner consistent with our high standards.
We may use your personal information, including your contact information, to market products and services to you, which we think may be of interest. You have the right to opt out of any direct marketing, at any time.
Security of Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect is managed in a safe and secure manner. This includes all of our contact forms*. We require all third parties, to whom we may provide your information, to maintain a similar standard of safety and security when handling your personal information.
Access to Your Information
You have request access to your information at any time (subject to verification of identity). You may request that we correct information of yours that we hold. If we refuse your application for access or correction, we will provide you with written reasons as to why we have made that determination. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our determination, you may request an internal review or make a complaint to the Information and Privacy Commission of NSW.
We use ‘cookies’ to provide you with better and more customised service and with a more effective website. A ‘cookie’ is a small text file placed on your computer by our web page server. A cookie can later be retrieved by our webpage servers. Cookies are frequently used on websites and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your internet browser.
– Identify you;
– Identify your IP address;
– Customise our website;
– Allow our website to be more easily accessible;
– Auto-fill your details on our website for you so that you do not have to re-enter the same information each time you access our website;
– Manage advertising – collect information about what other websites you have visited in order to customise advertising material for you;
– Monitor online traffic;
– Identify where you have accessed a third party website;
– Any other lawful purpose.
You can configure your browser to turn cookies off or customise precisely how they are used. How you configure your cookies may affect your online experience with NVG.
If you have any concerns regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information, we invite you to contact us immediately. We take our obligations and responsibilities very seriously. If your compliant is not handled in a satisfactory manner, or if you still have questions or concerns, you may contact the Information and Privacy Commission of NSW.
Please direct all privacy inquiries to the following address:
The Privacy Officer
New Vehicle Group Pty Limited
Level 14, 309 Kent Street
Sydney, NSW 2000